OPTICAL 3D PROFILOMETERTM system
for non-contact 3D surface and thickness measurements
Overview of features and benefits
- Wide range of materials: metal, plastics, polymers, glass, metal coatings, silicone, adhesives; reflective, transparent, semi-transparent, specular, nonspecular
- Wide range of surfaces: measured objects can be stationary or moving, solid or liquid, and include interiors of bores and tubes, exteriors of cylinders, concave or convex spherical shapes
- Small-diameter probes reach in to measure insides of bores and small-diameter tubes
- Measures high-aspect-ratio features: undercuts, cross-holes, chamfers, rifling, threads, O-ring grooves, and edges
- Reduced inspection cycle time: up to 100,000 measurements per second, each representing a 3D topographic point
- Versatility of setup: Non-contact probes work up to 1 m away from surface and several meters from the interferometer
- Continuous, long profile scanning: no area stitching required
- Flexible options for evaluating inspected parts: measured features can be compared to CAD drawings or to a user-defined set of locations, nominals, and tolerances
- Simple scan definition and execution: The scanning sequence is defined once by teaching the system with a joystick. The scanning sequence can later be executed with the push of a button.
- Time-saving automated reporting: Following a scan, go-no-go reports can be produced, and results logged in a manner compatible with industry-standard mechanisms
- Easily integrated in lab, shop, or fully-automated inspection setups: probes may be mounted on XY tables, on multi-axes scanning mechanisms, inside machining centers, above moving webs, on robot heads, etc.
- Adaptable to hostile environments: radioactive, very hot, cryogenic, vacuum, etc.
- No consumables are needed: Optical probes do not come in contact with the measured samples, and therefore do not wear out like contact probes
- USB connection for data transfer from interferometer to PC or laptop
- Option of multiplexing several probes with single interferometer for additional return on investment (ROI)