|MicroCam™ fiber-based optical non-contact 3D profilometers deliver:|
Custom solutions are also available.
|* To further increase maximum scanning depth, a mechanical displacement axis is available.Instrument safety:MicroCam non-contact profilometers are class 1M laser products with < 20 mW of infrared and < 5 mW of in-probe laser pointer.|
|This table shows the relationship of lateral resolution (light spot size), focal distance, depth of focus and probe aperture. Depth of focus is the distance on either side of the focal plane where light spot size is v2 (approx 1.42) bigger than the spot size in focus.|
- Wide range of materials: plastics, polymers, glass, metal coatings, silicone, adhesives; reflective, transparent, semi-transparent, specular, nonspecular
- Wide range of objects and surfaces: small (several microns wide) to large (no upper limit) objects, stationary or moving, solids and liquids, interiors of bores and tubes, exteriors of cylinders, concave or convex spherical shapes, extremely hot or cold, radioactive
- Non-contact probes work up to 1 m away from surface and more than 1 km from interferometer
- Small-diameter probes reach in to measure insides of bores and small-diameter tubes
- Acquires high-aspect-ratio surface features: channels, grooves, steps, sharp edges, and more
- Continuous, long profile scanning: no area stitching required
- Option of multiplexing probes with single interferometer for simultaneous measurements of several objects
- Easy integration of fiber probes in labs and in process: on XY tables, on multi-axes scanning mechanisms, inside machining centers, above moving webs, etc.
- Rugged probes: inspection possible in hostile environments where humans cannot work
- USB connection for data transfer from interferometer to PC or laptop
Standard MicroCam system includes
- MicroCam-3D interferometer with 4 mm depth range
- 2-axes inspection station with manual elevator and 2-axes motion controller
- 1 standard probe
- PC with Novacam acquisition software
- 1 year warranty
- Thickness: single-layer or multilayer films, coatings
- Surface roughness: surface characterization, flatness, and more
- Volume loss: component wear or other damage
- High-aspect-ratio features: steps, holes, grooves, channels
- Hard-to-reach spaces: interiors of bores, small aperture tubes, etc.
- Profilometry in hostile environments: radioactive, cryogenic, very hot
- Long stroke profiles
- Thickness of non-transparent materials
3D metrology and imaging for industry and R&D
- Quality control
- Online 3D production inspection, GD&T
- Statistical process control SPC
|Novacam high performance Data Acquisition Software is included with all MicroCam non-contact profilometers.|
The Application Programming Interface (API) is available for system integrators and OEMs. With the API, a wide variety online and offline applications can be accommodated.
Data analysis and 3D imaging
Data analysis and 3D imaging may take place offline or in real time.
Option: Novacam Volume Loss Application
Novacam Volume Loss Application processes the acquired surface dimensional data to determine volume loss from abrasion and wear:
See more on determining volume loss.
Fiber-based optical probes
|Novacam designs and builds custom probes as needed. These can be:|
Lab inspection stations
|For lab and QA applications:|
Probes may be integrated with 3rd party CMMs (coordinate-measuring machines), CNC (computer numerical control) machines, or any robots.
Novacam designs and builds custom benchtop fixtures as needed.
Inline probe fixtures
Web scanning can be accomplished
- with a single scanning probe moving across the web or
- with multiple stationary probes which are multiplexed by an optical switch.
Novacam designs and builds custom inline fixtures as needed.
Optical switches for use with multiple probes
Optical switches are available for multiplexing up to 8 probes to a single interferometer.
- MicroCam Profilometer Systems Specification Sheet [coming soon]
- For additional information or assistance in selecting a non-contact profilometer system, please Contact us.